3D Sketching And Designing Apps for Those on the Go!
What you'll find in this article...
3D modeling software and tools allow you to transform your ideas into gorgeous 3D prototypes and models. 3D designs are critical components in digital production and are widely used in various industries including industrial design, architecture, gaming, animation, and 3D printing.
However, like all other tools that are going mobile, 3D sketching and designing apps are making their way quickly onto the best graphics tablets and smartphones as well. In this article, I will be discussing the best mobile apps that are currently available for 3D sketching and designing that enable you to create amazing 3D creations while you are on the go by simply using your mobile device.
These are literally the best sketch drawing apps and building sketching and designing apps you can find anywhere.
This is the simplest app that is available for creating 3D models. Anybody can easily use this app and have lots of fun with it. You can build many fun things like coffee cups, cartoon characters, snowmen, forts, cars, planes, and more.
It comes with an intuitive modeling interface to use with small mobile devices and allows you to look through thousands of models that are publicly available and upload any of them to your very own projects. Whether you have an iPod touch, iPad, or iPhone, the 3D Creationist app provides you with high-quality 3d designs, and it is absolutely free.
Some 3D Creationist highlights include:
- Ease of use is the best part about 3D Creationist since it comes with features that make it very simple to create 3D designs.
- First, add a basic shape (donut, cone, cylinder, sphere, cube, or another that is available) to create your design with.
- Tap on your shape to make it inactive or active.
- Choose tools to rotate, scale, or move to transform objects, and then manipulate your objects using the arrows.
- Select a shape and then use “cut” for moving it on top of an additional shape.
- Export your project as a .jpg image or into .stl and .obj file format.
This is a free 3D creation app for the iPad that is very enjoyable and fun. You can create pendants, rings, glassware, furniture, cars, characters or anything 3D in ceramic, metal, or plastic materials.
With Gravity Sketch you can:
- Use 3D sketching to create 3D designs using your own style.
- Share your 3D sketches via Sketchfab to Pinterest, Snapchat, Facebook or other social media platforms.
- Export projects in .obj format which allows your 3D creation to be in various packages and take it to the next level.
- Use Shapeways to make all of your creations real. Just click a button to send your 3D sketches to print and have it in the mail in just a few days.
This app allows you to design without needing to use a mouse or WiFi. Simply open up the app and start to sketch, visualize, invent, and prototype.
The app also comes with 3D libraries that provide you with color features, text, and shapes to choose from as well as 3D modeling tools for merging, scaling, rotating, etc.
Morphy allows you to:
- To change movement and grid size and then use the clipboard for cutting and pasting the objects. There is also a rule that measures objects in millimeters.
- Scaling can be used to resize the object and shows to know where an object is situated on the grid.
- Change the background easily.
- Change the environment background, redo and undo to see previous activity and share and save objects using the photo button.
uMake is intended for being able to intuitively express your idea into 3D designs. This next-generation award-winning design tool is simple and powerful.
Sketch planes are used by uMake that are relative to the position of the camera. They are the tool’s core elements that make it possible for users to sketch within 3D space by defining a specific point in space. Although this app isn’t as big in America, it’s the go to app for 3d rendering in Sydney and the rest of Australia.
Other features that are offered by Sketch Planes include:
- Mirroring, quickening the creation via live symmetry, controlling color and curve-weigh, and importing the photo.
- Creating revived and extruded surfaces.
- Exporting 3D designs in IGES, STEP, and OBJ format.
- Drag project files into the group design in order to organize them. The files can also be duplicated for different designs.
uMake also comes with interactive help within a side-help pane as well as easy, short tutorials. The app consistently provides video tips, tutorials, and updates every week. The cost of the yearly subscription is $149.99.
This app is for creating 3D sculptures. It provides you with a very intuitive and convenient workspace for making your creations. You can view your 3D drawings by rotating, zooming, and panning the view. The seven preset viewpoints are Isometric, Back, Front, Right, Left, Bottom, and Top.
Other interesting things that can be done with the tool include:
- Use 3D primitive geometry like boxes and spheres to draw your idea. To draw surface you also can use revolve and extrude.
- Easily modify through using Slice, Explode, Offset, Fillet and Trim.
- Use snapping tools to snap the object for snapping points onto objects, form an object’s endpoint, or drawing the midpoint.
- Organizing them into groups is easy so that several objects can be manipulated as a single entity.
It has been designed as a standalone app which means the application can be run without a wifi or internet connection. Of course it won’t look as great on a small mobile screen as on an Acer 4k2k, but it’s a great alternative for those designers on the go.
This is an amazing, free app that can be used to create 3D home designs with your iPhone or iPad. Your projects can be saved in iCloud to edit later. Find inspiration, express your creativity, and create smarter home designs in 3D and 2D. Over 250 free unique objects are available for designing, building, and decorating your home.
Keyplan 3D allows you to visualize your project via rendered plans that are interactive and that get updated in real-time. That allows you to avoid unresponsive apps, loading screen, cryptic options, and complex menus.
Here are a few highlights of Keyplan 3D:
- It comes with a house builder that allows you to create walls easily by just drawing a line using a pencil with 3D or 2D editing features.
- Interior design is included which is comprised of windows, doors, and furniture that can be edited, changed and removed in 3D or 2D design.
- Offers customization options like height and wall width settings in meter/inch conversion.
- After you are finished, iCloud synchronization can be used so that you can enjoy your project all of your different devices, including your iPad and iPhone.
And there you have it, another All App News list of the best apps for 3D sketch and design. If you think we forgot something, let us know in the comments below!