NovaBackup Professional and Why You Need It
Did you know that the NovaBackup software for data protection and disaster recovery has 20 years of experience and world-class expertise built into every release. This is the number one reason you should use Nova Backup software.
These are the Nova Backup Version 12.0 features:
- Incremental imaging makes it fast and easy to keep your system image up to date. A system image in computing is a copy of the entire state of your PC, Laptop, or workstation system stored in a non-volatile form. Checkout your computer manual to see if there are requirements for system image restoration. If your system is capable of using system images, then it is more than feasible that it can be shut down and later restored to exactly the state in your last disk image backup. This is how system images may be used for backup.
- Improved overall performance and disaster recovery improvements. The real reason for buying backup software is the ability to restore data. Because a hard drive failure or disaster is always a possibility, owning Nova Backup and using it will prevent you from losing all your priceless photos, personal files, emails, etc.
- Central Management Control capability, allowing the user to control the software, remotely, as part of a centralized Nova Backup family of products.
- Improved FTP/SFTP options, Russian and Chinese language support, and much more. File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard network protocol used to copy a file from one host to another over a TCP-based network, such as the Internet.
FTP is built on a client-server architecture and utilizes separate control and data connections between the client and server. This gives you more options for remote backup and restore including online services.
Only buy from the Official Website: Nova Backup Professional. Use my COUPON CODE BELOW FOR 20% OFF.
Nova Backup Review
The consensus of the many Nova Backup Professional Reviews on the Internet as well as my own personal experience is that the NovaBackup software is robust, easy to use, and cost effective. Use my NovaStor Coupon for a 20% discount.
What does it mean to be robust? Easy to Use? Cost Effective?
For software to be robust it means it is feature-rich and well-tested. Nova Backup has over 30 features that have evolved over 20 years to be the “primo” feature-set for Windows-based PCs. Laptops, Workstations, and Servers.
If you are wondering if you really need 30 features, my answer is maybe. Let me explain, beginners will never use the 30 features and NovaBackup has taken the most useful and necessary features and made them accessible from the beginner’s “Simple View”. The beginner’s “Simple View” (and I was a beginner last year) enables a backup within 20 minutes of downloading and installing the software.
For years I only used the old copy-and-move techniques to an external hard drive, then one day I received a very nice little “computer worm”.
I did not have a system copy, I did not have my favorites, emails, and address book backed up, and I had not backed up my PC in months.
I was screwed!!!
So I called and paid for Microsoft Support and they dealt with the worm which seems to be easier then dealing with a computer virus. Microsoft’s first question to me was:
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU BACKED UP YOUR COMPUTER?
I then asked the computer-gods to banish the computer-demons, and I promised myself I would get smart about backing up my computer.
I still need to purchase a larger external drive but I am at least now backing up my files, folders, emails, and address book. I have not purchased a bootable CD/DVD Recorder and CD/DVD Media for my PC Image Disaster Recovery yet.
I am no longer a beginner and am starting to use the Nova Backup “Advanced Threat Protection” to test backing up to online services and a few other features.
I now see that one day I will be grateful for the over 30 features and will be ready for the next web attack.
Next reason the software is considered robust is because it is well-tested. The researchers, developers, engineers, and IT gurus at Nova Backup, are not perfect!
There have been some reported bugs, but the Help Desk and documentation have quickly identified solutions and each new release adds features that customers request and changes features that customers are having difficulty navigating.
In the real world, no software company can be 100% prepared in advance for how users will setup their networks or assign people to run the Data restoration and Recovery processes.
I have used the NovaBackup Forum and Documentation about 95% of the time. I called the Help Desk to review some issues and found them to extremely responsive.
The Nova Backup software uses Wizards to guide you through the steps. My best advice is to not over-analyze what the steps are and why. Just go with the flow and you will have the software completely automated on your desktop in about 20 to 30 minutes with a backup on your external hard drive.
The NovaBackup suite of downloads are available on a trial basis!
Cost-effectiveness analysis (CEA) is a form of economic analysis that compares the relative costs and outcomes (effects) of two or more courses of action. Nova Backup has more features than any other backup software in its class.
The concept of cost effectiveness is applied to the planning and management of many types of organized activity, not just computer software. As a comparison, in the acquisition of military equipment competing designs are compared not only for purchase price, but also for such factors as their speed, protection, and safety.
Nova Backup V12 has made improvements in speed using Bit Technology, in protection using incremental imaging making it fast and easy to keep your system image up to date, and in safety using a Central Management Control capability, allowing the user to control the software remotely.
Nova Backup Reviews
There are web sites that compare the top competing backup software products on the market. There are slightly cheaper and much more expensive products than Nova Backup, however price per feature and easy of use make Nova Backup the industry leader in every case.
One of the most obvious conclusions which I have not seen and may actually not be appreciated, is this:
Nova Backup is a mature product (evolved over many releases), has been maintained and enhanced by the same company and leaders for over 20 years, and most importantly takes users feedback and incorporates the latest trends in computing, such as online backups, anywhere-to-anywhere backups, and flexible scheduling, media, and data handling.
Novabackup Professional – Remote or Local
Portable (external) Hard Drive
Nova The Nova Backup Professional software is unique for data protection and restoration in many ways for your PC or Laptop. At this moment the current standard media for storing your data is the Portable (external) Hard Drive. You may already own a portable hard drive or seen them for sale in electronics retail stores.
These very common and affordable drives have been around for years now, and are highly dependable.
These external hard drives are easily connected to your home PC or laptop via a USB cable, Firewire, or in some cases even wirelessly.
The most common brands are Western Digital, Seagate, Toshiba, Acer and LaCie. However there are many more brands and manufacturers of portable hard drives, and we do not go so far as to recommend one brand over another.
The storage size for external hard drives ranges from 150GB all the way up to 2TB or more. The durability, dependability, affordability, and portability make this our media of choice.
NovaBackup Professional follows the NovaStor basic suggestions for best practices surrounding data back up and recovery with NovaBackup software. Because Nova Backup Professional has so many features, I thought I would explore the remote vs local choices you have.
Of course, this is not a complete explanation, your NovaBackup Professional wizards will guide you through the process better.
These are the 5 easy steps for offsite and local backups:
- Use offsite backup with critical data to help avoid a single point of failure.
- Select only critical information to back up offline to minimize the amount of data being transferred, and increase overall performance.
- To enable FastBIT transfers for a file, that file must have at least 2 copies previously backed up on the server.
- To enhance FastBIT, make sure the Work directory has free disk space totaling at least 3x the total amount of data you want to transfer.
- Make sure ports 308, 309 and 3817 are open in both directions.
- Create a rotation schedule as opposed to running each backup manually to increase the stability and performance of your backups.
- Schedule weekly Full Backups and daily Incremental Backups to maximize your rotation’s efficiency.
- Use more than one device for your backups, ideally alternating between devices regularly to avoid a single point of failure.
- Select the media and location you wish to use for your NovaBackup Professional data protection and restoration features.
For example, to backup to an FTP location, you need to create an FTP Store in the “Devices” tab of the NovaBACKUP application.
These are the steps to create the FTP Store:
- Open the NovaBACKUP client, click “Device” tab at the top.
- At the bottom of the “Device” tab, find the [Add] button and click it.
- Select “FTP Store” from the drop-down in the pop-up window, then click [OK].
- Enter the information for the FTP location, and click [Check Credentials].
- If it passes the credential test, click [OK]
- Finally create your backup job and select the FTP Store you created as the backup location.
5. Schedule jobs to run after office hours to ensure that all information is current and that the software will not interfere with normal procedures while it runs.
Documentation and Help Sources
As you have become more dependent and sophisticated in the use of your PC or Laptop, your needs for Nova Backup Professional disaster recovery software have become critical. Are your personal files and folders safe? These include family photos, online payments and bill receipts, online filing of state and federal tax records, and finally, your family’s history of projects, homework, or recipes.
NovaBackup online free documentation and help features are located in:
1. NovaBACKUP Knowledge Base: NovaStor has launched a new knowledgebase to deliver enhanced support to customers. By providing a knowledgebase that will be continually updated and expanded, NovaStor will be able to continue assisting our customers outside our normal support hours.
Additionally, NovaStor provides support to users around the globe by offering online tutorials to assist in the setup and use of NovaBACKUP products. The Knowledgebase is always a work-in-progress to identify new and resolved customer questions.
2. NovaBACKUP Documents: These are PDF files with the official NovaStor information for:
A. NovaBACKUP xSP User Manual: The user manual guides service providers through the installation, configuration and everyday operation of NovaBACKUP xSP.
B. NovaBACKUP CMC User Manual: The user manual guides service providers, resellers and administrators through the installation, configuration and everyday operation of the Central Management Console for NovaBACKUP xSP and other NovaBACKUP products.
C. NovaBACKUP xSP Upgrade Guide: The upgrade guide documents the process of upgrading to NovaBACKUP xSP 12 and contains important information for a smooth upgrade.
D. Release Notes: The release notes document all new features and enhancements of version 12 for all NovaBACKUP products.
E. Remote Settings: This document contains remote settings, such as “Purge Old Files”, “Save All Backups”, etc.
F. VMware Plug-In Whitepaper: This document describes: how the VMware plug-in for NovaBACKUP works with VMware ESX(i) servers along with vSphere, how to configure NovaBACKUP to connect to the VMware infrastructure, what needs to be setup on the VMware infrastructure, and how the backup and restore process works with NovaBACKUP.
In summary, NovaBackup is known in the IT industry as the most flexible and reliable software for data protection and disaster recovery. It is also known as a very cost-effective method with many value-added features with easy and secure Nova Backup controls.